By reading this blog you might think that we are weird or crazy, but really we are just tired. Since we have 4 children, and plan to have more. Even though we are constantly sleep deprived we love our children.
Monday, May 19, 2008
May Snow Storm
Well, call me weird but I've always wanted to be snowed in and I was very excited that we sort of did. We had 2 feet of snow in 24 hours. Brigham didn't have to go to work and it wasn't too cold, so we went out and played in the snow. Lliam thought it was just like stars Wars episode 5 and had to bring his lightsabers outside to "fight the gaint feet" (the imperial walkers). It was lots of fun, I had to watch from the window till Etta fell asleep and then I went out and tackled Brig in the snow. He had been picking up the kids and throwing them in the snow because they would just land in it like people jumping against a wall covered in velcor and just stick. Watching them from the window was one of those "my cup runneth over" moments. You know the ones where you just feel overwhelmed with love and gratitude and you can't help but say a pray thanking Heaven Father for blessing you with 3 beautiful and weird children and an awesome husband/father! Wow!!! I love my life and all the lives in it!!!! I'll have to post some of the video I took of their snow balls fights, tackling, fighting "giant feet" away from their snow fort or attacking the darth vader snowman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Brigham and Tyra-
We were excited to hear from you guys. I love that the blogs keep us in touch with so many friends. I sat for some pictures while Brandon was working on the fairy illustration, so I guess it could resemble me. But I also sat for Muriel on the Fablehaven cover of book one, so I hope that doesn't mean the same thing. Keep in touch.
I am SO excited that your family has a blog!! Please add us so I can keep up to date on your family. The email we use for our blog is skittlez85@hotmail.com I can't believe how HUGE Lliam is!!! He's still that tiny guy crawling around with Jacob in my mind. Jesse says Brigham's new hobby looks fun and he thinks they shuld go fishing or grouse hunting sometime. We look forward to keeping in touch with you guys!
hey bairds!
it was so fun to hear from you, i can't believe you guys have 3 kids! when we left, lliam was just a cute little hairball. your kids are beautiful & we're excited to keep in touch!
that blog you wrote on isn't our "real" blog, just kind of my own that i write about spiritual things. we're living in NC managing a group home for troubled teens & have to keep our blog private due to a confidentiality agreement we signed about the clients. we write about our experiences & use code names for the kids but we still have it private to be safe. anyway, email us at:
ben.strader@gmail.com
and we'll send you an invite to the real blog, there's some funny stories! our life is nuts but we are almost done with our year contract & then after that we are headed out for more school for ben.
thanks so much for writing, we love you guys!
love, lynsey & ben strader
Post a Comment