Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Worldwide Leadership Training 08

I was reading the Worldwide leadership training for this feb, I missed it becasue we were traveling to oregon, and I have been so grateful for the inspiration of the leadership of the church. There was so much in there that felt like it was just for me. I was humbled and uplifted. I bit of a weird combination, let me tell you. But I just wanted to encourage everyone to read it again. It came with this months Ensign. I have taken a highlighter to mine. But I just want to share some feelings that I had about some of the things that came to mind. First was the patterns. Cheryl Lant's talk from Gen Conference fits with this very much and I've been thinking about that a ton since Conference too. I just want to say that the effect of regular scripture study, prayer, and family home evening is amazing. Of everything I've ever done to try and improve my kids behavior nothing has successed like these, not even close. But the main thing that I've been impressed with is the personal nature of the family and its challenges. I have struggled a lot lately with the views and opinions of the world toward me, my family, and our choices as a family. I get tons of comments and looks, and have gotten very concerned and self concious about it. I am learning that this is a form of pride. But they spoke of the importance of the family and I felt reassured, and they spoke of not judging, and I learned that I need to quite judging those that feel the need to say something, or stare. I need to get over it. But I want to end with something that I believe it was sister Lant said - that things are not as they seem. And she shared a story of being in church and someone said something about her kids and how it must be easy for her and she cryed because it wasn't. It was nice to see someone else knew. So I challenge you all, that the ones who seem to need the help the least, are probably the ones that need it most, and don't know how or feel they can ask for it. So find someone who seems OK and serve them. You'll be surprised. Thanks!

4 comments:

lynsey said...

this was really great & just what i needed! i'll make sure to re-read that talk...i always get something different when i read it after i've heard it spoken at conference. thanks so much for sharing these thoughts, they really helped me today!

veryterry said...

Hi, Tyra! The last time I tried to look at your blog from Michele's blog I think it was set as private. I was so glad it opened this time! Your kids are adorable. I enjoyed reading your blog entries. It is so refreshing to read from someone who is so positive and actively trying to improve the quality of life. I was just talking with Ryan about this last entry you wrote about how people can't understand why a woman would choose to have children close together and he said something I thought was so true (not just for children but for many things)... All some people see is the pain or difficulty of situations instead of the rewards. So when people see you all they think is "That must be so hard." Well, sure it is! But they don't think about the rewards that you are benefiting from every day. I know every day my Lisa makes me smile and then all the tantrums don't seem so big anymore. She's so loving and reminds me to keep a fresh outlook on life. Sorry this was so long! But it was good to read from your blog and I hope to hear from you sometime when you have a spare moment. (as rare as those are!)

Joseph and Kimberly said...

Hey Tyra, I have been thinking about you a lot this last week but didn't know how to reach you. I finally got on facebook and asked everyone for your info. Your life sounds busy but very rewarding. imagine three kids wow what an accomplishment. I have two of my own a little boy Jesse and a little girl Jadyn. I hope everything is going well for you. Please get in touch. My blog is josephandkimberly.blogspot.com or my email is mrskimwool@yahoo.com Let me know how you are.

Michele said...

So I finally got my ensign like 2 days ago. I have been anxiously waiting for it since I have read your post. I've read a little of the world wide training and I love it. It is refreshing to hear that I am doing something right! I need to call you. Maybe this weekend if I don't let it fly past!