Friday, September 23, 2011

Not a good week

This week was a really hard week in the Baird home. We lost baby number five (winky). We had nick named her winky because that was the name that our daughter Etta had request that we name her when she was born. The pregnancy was only 8 weeks along but it was still very hard for us to go from pure excitement to great disappointment. She was here and gone again like a star winking at us from heaven. Though we are struggling to make sense of our emotions, we know that there is purpose in all that the lord does and we will find the purpose someday. It may be sometime before that happens but we are firm in the conviction that He is over all and we accept His plan for us and our family.

3 comments:

Jandi said...

Tyra, I'm so sorry about the baby. You have such a great outlook on it though. I hope that the days ahead will bring peace and contentment. We love you guys so much. You're in our prayers. Miss you.

Michele said...

I'm so sorry Tyra. I think the baby was really winking at you. Isn't it nice to have the gospel to help us along the way. I'm sure this is bringing you guys closer as a family too, even though it is really hard a the same time.

The Baird family said...

We are incredibly sorry for your loss. Words cannot adequetly express feelings at a time like this. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Have faith and hope, the Lord is always with you!