Sunday, June 26, 2011

8 years of Bairdness

Last weekend we celebrated 8 years of Wonderful Marriage!
I was such a blast from the past. We were able to go to Rexburg, the birthplace of our little family. We showed the kids where we lived and went to school before meeting each other. We tried to show them the places we lived after getting married, but the house we lived in when Lliam was born is just a hole. I can't say it's a loss. We saw old friends, some recent babysitters and some old friends from SD (WE MISS YOU SOUTH DAKOTA!). But we also saw "the godfather". The godfather is Adam E (if you don't care you're names here add it in the comments) he's the reason we are here today. Adam and I worked and recked havoc in Island Park together. After the summer he set me and brig up on a blind date. THANK YOU for changing our lives! It was so great to see him and his beautiful wife. Congrats again adam on the new baby!.

We also were able to go to the NSO/get connected/sse reunion! To beginning with campus doesn't look that much like it did when we were there but still full of memories. It was funny to see friends from 2003. We were married in the middle of all the orientation planning.

We also got to leave for a little get away together. We haven't left all the kids with anyone (minus having a baby) since lliam was 1. It was so fun. We went camping in Yellowstone, and did some hiking around old faithful. Ate at the Old faithful Inn. It was just a perfect weekend. Just wonderful and so fun to be around the places we were when we met and were married.

So in honor of our 8 years together I thought I'd recap them.
  • we've lived in Idaho, South Dakota, Oregon
  • we've had 4 kids
  • we've bought and sold our first home
  • have 2 kids (as of sept) in school
  • moved 7 times
  • been in 3 wards
  • gotten bigger and smaller again  :)
  • run a 1/2 marathon together
  • help coached t-ball
  • pulled a tooth (lliam's last night!)
  • massive pillow fights
  • demolished a shed
  • brig learned to sew (he's amazing!)
  • sewn MANY quilts together
  • owned 2 cars (tubby the taurus, and the current caravan)
  • lived close to family and had friends close enough to be family
  • graduated college from BYU-I (both bachelors)
  • Taken ballroom dancing together
  • Gotten to know the plumber really well
  • brig delieved pheobe (under midwife supervision)
  • I got my last speeding ticket (just after getting married)
  • laughed at each and with each other
  • Learned to cry (ME)
  • Ticked off a landlord
  • given many talks in church
  • had numerous calling (activity director twice)
  • brig's been in the elders quorum presidency twice (president and counslor)
  • canned LOTS together
  • learned gardening
  • remodeled the upstairs on a house
  • Had a bright red, orange, and yellow hawaiian kitchen :)
  • visited 10 (so far) National Parks and sites
  • mined sapphires 3 times
  • Learned LOTS about ourselves and each other :)
  • been happy and sad
I'm sure there's more but I'd say the best is yet to come! Hope we've been a blessing to all we know as you all have been a blessing to us in our 8 wonderful years together. What a wonderful adventure!

4 comments:

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so happy for y'all and can't wait for the day I can finally meet your family!

S and RA Beazer said...

CONGRATULATIONS on 8 wonderful and Happy challenging years. I only wish we had known you were going to be here and we would have added an adventure to the overall adventure. Next time you pass through this potato land check in and we will have train rides for sure. We would even possibly gotten Bishop Mortimer to come. Memories are a good thing.

Aprillee said...

It was super fun to read your list. Marriage is so great!

Linda said...

So i had to make my blog private this morning.... ugh.... i explain it all on my blog. If you want an invite, send me your e-mail address to Linda_Seth (at sign) yahoo