Our family has been praying for him for the past two weeks. It's been so wonderful to see the love the kids have for him. They've never really met Tyler from what I can remember but the concern they have shown for him has been so touching and such a blessing to us all. When I first explained what cancer was to them - "bad cells" like good guy turned bad, darth vader of cells- they seem to have understood the analogy. I explained that its making him very sick and that the medicine would make him even sicker and that he needed our prayers. I was trying to keep from crying when I looked at Lliam. Tears had filled his eyes at the thought of someone being sick and hurting and scared. The empathy he showed and the rest of the kids redefined the saviors command to be as a little child. We've prayed for him every prayer since that night. They've ranged from blessing the bad cells to go away to getting well soon, to blessing Tyler to be brave. Their little testimonies of prayer are growing and they're prayer are changing.
For the past year or so I have been growing out my hair for locks of love. The girls have loved my "rapunzel hair cut." The love brushing it and putting "pretties" in it.
Well, Tyler was supposed to lose his hair after Memorial day (we still love you chemo - you do your thing little buddy). And the family was having a hair cutting party. I love to be there and participate but I can't be there so I decided the debate over whether to go it out any longer was over. I cut it yesterday.
It was a great feeling, not just a regular haircut, but uplifting. Like my soul got a boast as well. It also feels like I got rid of a headache I didn't know I had. Man it was a heavy braid. It's been nice to have short hair for the summer and to be able to dye it again! The girls are still waiting for my "rupunzel haircut" to grow back. I've had some trouble getting my pictures up but I'll work on that. I need to update our family pictures on the side anyways.
I asked Lliam (my little sweet man) if he wanted to cut his hair for tyler as well.
Brig decided he'd show his support for Tyler as well, and shaved it as well, WITH A RAZOR. That had me really nervous, I was afraid I would cut his head. But it was fine and I have to say I really like it. Although I confess I think he looks like a biker and should have a tatoo on the back of his head or on his forearm or something. Like I said though I REALLY like it! (He's been doing this since then!)
The girls won't part with their hair, even though it's pretty short already, they won't let me cut it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment