By reading this blog you might think that we are weird or crazy, but really we are just tired. Since we have 4 children, and plan to have more. Even though we are constantly sleep deprived we love our children.
Monday, October 25, 2010
With a goal in Mind
I don't do much blogging. Usually I leave that to my insanely talented wife, but I thought it would be fun to keep a record of my new goal or goals. For the last 6 months I have really been feeling strongly about serving my country. About 2 months ago I saw a friend from college and he had been serving in the National Guard and was think of going to the Air National Guard. Growing up I wanted to be in the Air Force just like Grandpa Baird, so I checked it out. I Submitted my contact info to the recruiters and within a week I received a phone call. They asked me a few questions about my Education and things like that and then they asked my height and weight. I told them, and the person on the other end told me that I would have to loose about 90 lbs. before I could join. so for the last month and a half, I have been working out everyday and I have Lost about 15 lbs. so far. Tyra has joined me in running everyday except Sunday. We usually run between 2 and 4 1/2 miles a day depending on how our legs hold up. I hope to chronicle my progress towards this goal. Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures of my Progress. Tyra and I also hope to enter some 5K and maybe some 10K runs, so we will post some picture of that as well. Over the last few years I have tried to do this very thing but have always failed. One, Because I really don't like running, and Two, I always started trying to do too much. I received some great advise from my brother about how to start getting into shape so that after the first day I wasn't so sore that I didn't want to work out the next day. Go at a pace that you could keep all day. That is where I have started. The first week I only did one mile a day at a very slow pace and as the days passed I have been able to add speed and distance. I also have goal, which is didn't have on previous attempts. As I run more I get more excited about running. Sometimes in the middle of my run I just want to go home because I feel lazy, or it's raining, or it's to hot. When I feel this way I ask myself: "Are you going to let them be right today? Are you going to be to Heavy today to serve your country?" That is what makes me push on when I really don't want to. I am now going forward with a goal in mind and the motivation to back it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's a great accomplishment!! Way to go!
You are awesome Brig, and Tyra too. I am getting excited for the Thanksgiving 5K!
love Tess
Post a Comment