Sunday, February 21, 2010

bloom where you are planted

I've started writing my posts at home and saving them to copy and paste on sunday cause it's hard to sit and write while worrying about the kids and with a whining/crying child in my arms. So here's the lastest. thanks for the comments they bring hope. love tyra

I’ve been thinking (“That’s a dangerous past time, I know” – name that song) about the saying bloom where you are planted. This week we’ve either had rain no stop or beautiful weather that gets me all confused and thinking it’s May. I almost planted sunflowers and then realized it was February. Now I am not much of a green thumb (quite the opposite in fact), but as the sale of our house came closer to sell I felt myself drawn outside to clean up the yard and beginning planning and planting. It was like I finally realized that this is it, we will be here for awhile. Really I’ve know that but I guess it was an acceptance. I love Estacada but I really still think of South Dakota as home, I really found and learned a lot there – I bloomed. I guess I went into shock when the Lord transplanted me here, but his goal is to continually move us out of our comfort zone, until we’re in His. So as I have pondered this idea of blooming where I am, I’ve been analizing the condition of the soil and of course the plant that I am, and of course, what I need to bloom again.
1) The soils a little tight, crowded – aka complicated and full. I need to simplify. Reading my scriptures I realized there are two forms of being worldly –one seeking after that which is worldly and worrying about that which is worldly. Now I don’t think I’ve really been seeking worldly things – except self-reliance (I think that ones desirable), but I have been over worried about worldly things. I have spent to much time and energy feeling drowned in to do’s and not done well enough’s and “if I had only’s.” I haven’t been worrying about those things that are eternal. I need to be spending more time with my kids, taking care of myself, reading and studying. I need to aerate the soil, till it up and loosen up myself and my schedule.
2) I need more sunlight – it rains to often ere, so I’ve been trying to go out walking when the weather is nice, or working in the yard or playing on the playground.
3) Fertilizer- I’m starving
- spiritually – I need to rely on the Lord more. Do some more studying and reading. I really need to improve my prayers. It’s amazing the difference it has made. A little more effort yields a huge harvest. My calling as a Sunday school teacher for the 14-15 years doesn’t hurt. I love them and I study more than I would on my own.
- physically – time to lose weight and eat better and sleep better. When ever someone asks if your expecting its time to crack the whip (NO I AM NOT! by the way). Diet and exercise are really some of natures strongest medicines (laughter is too but I’ll laugh more when my mood improves with the above).

So as I throw myself into my “personal” gardening, I will probably do it while trying to cultivate a green thumb and relaying on the master gardener (my husband and the lord – it’s a pun) to carry my efforts a little further. Here’s to the beginning of spring; depending on where you are. Happy planting – merry blooming!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beauty and the Beast, I can't name the exact title though. I love the idea of blooming where you are planted. What great thoughts! Thanks Tyra you are so great, I am so lucky to have you as a sister!
love Tess

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

Well I just directed this show so I know that it's "Gaston-Reprise"! Miss you!

Pederson Seven said...

I love the analogy! And I too am loving the sunshine and daydreaming about all the things I'd like to start planting! It's a great time of year:) Thanks for your thoughts.
krystal

Jandi said...

I always thought that I was the type of person to bloom wherever I was planted. I used to be until we moved here. I love it here, I do, but Molalla still feels like home to me. So I know what you're feeling.
But I have to remind myself that the ward here is great, Kenny has a great job, and this area of the planet is so beautiful! Plus, I have my little Myles man to keep me laughing. I often remind myself of the things I love so I don't get too bogged down by missing my "home".
I know what you mean about feeling like the "to do's" never get done. I've started writing very short to-do lists. That way I can look back on the day and realize I've accomplished most if not all I set out to do.
I love you, Tyra!!! You're such an amazing person!! I am so lucky to have you in my life. Can't wait to see you soon! Thanks for your thoughts!!