Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oppostion in all things

I know we are only a month into 2010 but I have to say that this has been a hard year so far. Our house did sell, however the closing date keeps getting pushed back for some reason or another. The kids seem to be more difficult than usual, an dmurphy's law abounds. Although thinking about all the downs and seemingly few ups, I really have to say I thinks its just me. Can someone send me their rose colored glasses. Oh well, Here is the place that I go to see things from the up side and hopefully later I will reread it and have forgotten the downs cause I didn't record them (if only).

So far ballet is stil the predominant feature of life. Neddie barrowed a Barbie soundtrack CD that had her 3 favorites on it and using that and the original recordings I made a CD for her with all her favorites. She has since learned how to use her CD player (minus the stop button she perferes to "park it" - pause). I am finding that the nutcracker and swan lake are background music and fits every event and helps me to sleep too. I also tryed my hand at niffty knitting and made leg warmers to match the tutus from aunt tess.

I have been trying to find the normal from last year. And if you've been to our home in 2007-2008 you know that we enjoy creative and aggressive family activities - painting and pillow fights. Much to my joy and sense of wholeness we were able to resume these activities. It was nice to laugh again. I just love the kids budding artistic expression and painting little wooden items was a regular treat in SD. I would let them pick one out at walmart while shopping and then we would go home and paint them together. Thanks santa for being it back, I needed that as much as the kids did. I think the painted item never last more than a few days - I just gathered more pieces of the once blue angel yesterday.

The pillow fights are Brig's specialty and my favorite. I love to try and get that shot of the pillow as it hits or the express right before. I always find that I laugh so hard I can barely breathe. This was pheobe's first pillow encounter. She's old enough to sort of participate with major supervision. She enjoyed it, until she was targetted b her well meaning brother. He means well.


A favorite mishap this month was Llaim getting himself knotted into a slinkie. I have yet to figure out how he did, but it took me 10-15 minutes to get him loose

We ended the month (rather we began feb) with a lemon. Our fridge went out (in smoke but luckily no flames). Two days of dry ice and and hoping that nothing would go bad in the fridge (of course I had just gotten milk). But as the saying goes that when life hands you lemons you make lemonade. Now it's hard its hard to make anything with a broken fridge but we used the dry ice to our advantage and once again returned a familiy favorite from 2009 - potion making.
here is a message from llaim himself:
mbnhvcxzasdfghjjkklqweertyuiopmnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiuytrewq
It says: I am going to go down to duncan's house. I am going to play with duncan. duncan's so nice because he didn't got angry with me.
the first time I asked while he was typing he said "I don't know I can't tell - it's a secret."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures. You guys are so cute!
-Tess

Dan said...

Keep your chin up. I will send my glasses in the mail. Your family is beautiful!
Love,
Daniel