I am really beginning to love this blogging thing. Its the most consistant I have been in a long time as far as journalling goes. So here's my weekly blog.
PTA
I survived my first PTA function - open house. All I have to say is no wonder our school systems are failing. There seems to be little drive for parents to get involved in their childs school. Believe it or not but our school was so lacking in members that I joined as the Vice President because if they didn't have a third member we would lose our unit and all that school funding. Sad. I heard so many people say they don't have time, or even look at me with annoyance for bring it up to them. So all I have to say is that if your child is in public school, please volunteer. I can tell you this, if we want to make a difference in the education of our child, our community, and the lives of others, volunteer with the PTA. its just a few hours a month or less, nothing fancy. There is so much they can do for teachers, students and families. Its amazing, but they can only do it with help.
Now I will step off my soap box and move on.
MOVING
We are moving into a double wide a few houses down the street and I'm so excited. The previous owner was a serious smoker so we've been up to our elbow all week cleaning and sealing everything. We had new carpet installed as well and its beginning to look like a very nice home. Our goal is to be in by Saturday. I'm going to try and post pictures after its done. I didn't think to take before photos, but lets just say I gave Lliam a lesson on the values of not smoking. I wrote his name on the wall with a wet rag, white on yellow. I told him the same thing would happen to him if he did. the whole thing reminded me of my uncle bob telling me that drinking coffee and smoking turns your stomach black. Needless to say he was a very hair dark haired man and his stomach was BLACK. I remembered that and it made those things unappealing, even though I know it doesn't really do that. Childhood memories. I'm just glad I'm not that hairy.
Bedtime WARS
Things are improving in the war against bedtime terrorizm. I'm glad to see that a little time has improve things. However we have gotten out of the habit of the bedtime box because we are usually cleaning until its time to go to bed so its a hurry to get them ready and in bed on time. But things will return to normal soon.
Preschool
It's on hold this week, and will next week too. But I have to promise that I will be doing it again that first week of October. So hold me to it. 2 days and then 2 weeks of nothing is hardly a good record.
Overall the kids are great. Lliam has started ballroom dancing with Pheobe, she looks uncomfortable being held (under adult supervision) like a rag doll (under her arms not around the neck) but she has a big smile on her face and loves it. Lliam is such a sweet big brother, to all his sisters. I love the parting good byes and reunions of his school days. It brings such joy to see the closeness he shares with his sisters. I couldn't have asked for a better son and big brother. Nedra is so goofy lately, she discovered potty humor unfortunately, but lets face its still funny and its hard to keep a straight face when she names her baby MR poopy. I suggested Pierre, he looked like an old friend from high school with that name. Creative neddie responded with "poop here not pee here." (if you say it out loud you'll catch her play on words.) she much for being feminine.
Etta is etta, she's been supper slap happy and into "helping" clean. Or she's runnning around yelling and enjoying the echo.
I better jet but we love ya'll.
1 comment:
I totally agree about the PTA. We just went to Jenna's PTA activity and I was shocked at how few parents were really willing to help out. Hoping they will call us to be involved more in the future... :)
And hooray for your new place! Sounds like it will turn out really nice!
Post a Comment