Friday, October 21, 2011

My jog-a-thon super stars

So my kids have an amazing talent! Their runners! Lliam we knew about over the past years his laps have increased, this being nedra's first one and she's not as inclined to run as much as lliam, I was unsure what she would do. However she's feisty and apparently competitive. Nedra finished 12 laps in one hour, lliam did 9 in kindergarten. This year brig went with them and told lliam he'd double our pledge if he did better than 16 laps (I believe that was last years personal best). He blew us all away with 20 laps! Everytime he passed the record keeper he'd shout "i'm going to break the record!" he had the most laps in his class. The both beat my (Tyra) personal best of 8 in an hour. Nedra was her usual understated quiet overachieving self. Quietly running, sometimes with dad or lliam. Granted brig and lliam did take turns dragging each other along at times. But either way I'm so proud. Makes me wonder if I hadn't given up running when we moved to Texas what I could have done. I was once the second fastest girl in my grade, now I'm just slow. Oh well, I'll have to pick it to keep up with these guys next year.

No comments: