things have been definately improving on the homefront. We've been having a major push for sanity and the spirit in our home. To begin with mom had to go to the doctors. For years, and I know my cousin's are going to laugh at this understatment, I have had a problem sleeping. I have created a bennion legacy for pulling all nighter, matched only by the fellow night warrior aaron. But when brig (after almost 8 years) actually told me I needed to go to the doc because things were getting really bad, I decided maybe it's not just me. So I did, and after a survey, logs, and questionaries, phone discussions and assesments, the verdic came - a delayed circadum rythym disorder. In english my bodies on eastern time zone while living in the pacific time zone. So I now wear sunglasses around the house after I get the kids are in bed, take a melatonin and a pill to increase the effectiviness of my sleep cycle and a wonderful husband who calls me at 6:30am and talks me out of bed, I'm feeling better. Not over it yet but getting there. It's not easy but as our area's mission theme (we had stake conference today) states "Do the HARD thing!"
Working out has been a little difficult - rain rain go away! I also had a little work done on my toe so this week was the first week I've been able to wear shoes comfortably. ONce the cold snap is over I'll hit the pavement for now I'm trying to focus on getting the yoga habit back. Brig started a killer diet - it's a little complicated and lost about 10 pounds but about another 4-6 inches. He's going to keep with some aspects but increase the work out periods and now is at a new personal best (since his mission) I'm really proud of him. He's hoping to hit his goal of 195 this year and I'd say he's close.
Our schedule's been a little crazy - lliam got approved for OT again and that's filling up our weeks again. along with babysitting a friends kids and preschool. I've been finding things piling up. I am really excited about our little trips this march to visit Kenny and Jandi and our get away to silver falls. It will be really fun!
Our home has been under going some changes. I've been discovering that the ability to feel the spirit is linked to myself and my home. So as I already mentioned I've been working on getting myself in order, so Brig see I really needed help on the house bent over backwards for me. He spent his days off painting the laundry room and put in a new floor (constant urge to mop GONE!), and we got some new furntiure to increase the efficiency and space of our little home. For the first time in a long time I feel like I have room to swim rather than drown. I have time to play with the kids and relax and enjoy. Rather than just seeing the to-do's and I -didn't-get-it-done - see that's its all do able. It's amazing what organization does and rules. Now the kids realize that when you get only one box out at a time, it's a lot easier to pick up and having only one place for toys and playing to go. I feel like our whole house runs smoother and we're all happier. So I encouraging everyone to do the same thing, organize and take care of your self. As the scriptures say there's no temporal commandments all things are spiritual. The scriptures say to put your home and lives in order- and there is a huge blassing from this - an increased ability to feel the spirit and recieve revelation. And who couldn't use more of these, especially in our homes and families. We all need all the help we can get. So find yourself and that home of yours and Do the HARD thing!
3 comments:
Glad you are sleeping better and feeling good about your home organization! Keep being an amazing mom!
I'm glad things are going better! I also remember the all nighters we had in high school! I laugh when I think of them because I'm such a weaksauce now and go to bed so early!
I love your advice about taking care of ourselves and our home so we can have the spirit!
Hope you get sleeping better! Man, I am totally lame because I do not function without a decent amount of it!!! :)
Post a Comment