Sunday, January 9, 2011

My BIG Challenge to You ALL

I am running a 1/2 marathon this year. I'm kinda fell off the excerize wagon over christmas but I've got a goal and i'm getting back in the game. I want to encourage everyone to join me if they can. If you can't doa 1/2 marathon do a 10k, 5k or a fun run, just do something! Get out there and push yourself.  The run I will be doing is April 23rd at 8 am in forest Grove OR its the Running for Risa (http://www.runningforrisa.com/). Wish me luck!

My second big goal is to memorize the living christ. I've been working on it with the kids through december and it's been really cool. Great oppurtunities for discussion and they are doing way better than I thought they would even etta has got it down. Our Relief society President encouraged us to do this. She introduced me to this site that has all sorts of memorization helps http://www.discoverthescriptures.com/ there is an entire packet you can download for free. Then I made a CD recording of the kids saying it, and then me and made a DVD. I just challenged my sunday school class to do it too. They will each get their own BATCH of cookies their choice when they pass it off. I gave them whatever they need to work on it. What a great way to start off our study of the New Testament. So I want to challenge you all as well. and hopefully I'll get the video up loaded soon too, and the CD for who ever may want it. Happy New Years! start it off with a bang!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Good for you! Risa was one of my YW in Beaverton. She's darling. I hope to get my nerves re-set to run in that race, too.

Ylfe said...

You guys are awesome! Keep up the great work on the exercising and Living Christ! love you!

Rachel Holloway said...

Good for you! I am taking on a 5k next month for the first time, and am so excited--NERVOUS because it will be the dead of winter, but excited!

And I love your idea for the Living Christ! Great idea!