Monday, March 1, 2010

Happiness

so my kids have really been stressing me out for awhile. Then Saturday at stake conference the mission president spoke about happiness and hope. I realized that I needed to remember the joyful things about my kids and not the destructive whiny part (it takes 14 positives to outweigh 1 negative). So I started looking for those gemstone moments. Here are a few cause I don't have a ton of time.
Lliam- How he where's my beanie to bed as a night cap. Finding him rubbing a balloon on Pheobe's head cause his doesn't have enough hair to develop the static neccessary to make a ballon stick to stuff.
Etta- her fasination with the "got you nose" thing. My favorite part of child development. We have family "nose picking" wars. I stole her dimples yesterday but she didn't want them back. It would probably help if I had them and she knew what they were. But we discovered eskimo kisses or the famous "butt nose" is a great way to switch noses.
Nedra- Her ballet shows, her feminine mannerisms and speech - she's like a teenager in 3t clothes without the boys obession. When she told mom she was "a good maker" yesterday after helping make brownies an jello. Her notes- she always has a pad of paper and pencil, if only she could actually write.
Pheobe - Trying to catch a balloon bobbing up and down over the heater vent and laughing because it's moving on its own. That smile of "they're playing with me" when her siblings pick her up and dance with her, or hit her with a pillow or try to wrestle with her. Her crying scream when I turn my back on her or set her down - I think its the 6th love language I should write the author and tell him he missed one.
There's tons more and maybe I'll get a chance to write them here rather than just my notebook, but I'm sure you get the idea. "Men are that they might have joy", and the lord has said that our joy will come from our posterity. Happy Kids Day!

3 comments:

Linda said...

My quote lately is "Learn to be happy with what you have while in pursuit of all you want." I'm glad you were able to go to that meeting and look for the happy, sweet, cute adorable things your kids do! You are an amazing mom!!! I admire you!

Alisa said...

When I'm diligent about recording the funny moments, I seem to appreciate more. I take what could be stressful things lighter, one pace at a time. Then I can laugh more, too.

Ylfe said...

thanks for writing all these happy things. I love it! You guys are awesome!