Wow 2010! This year marks my 7th wedding anniversary, and my 10 year class reunion. This week I sat down to write my usual yearly goals and evaluate how I did last year and found writers block. I had no idea what I wanted to work on this besides the usual- do better at personal scripture study, prayer, quit biting my nails, etc. But I realized that I think my this year is to just survive better. While I was in college one of my sewing teachers gave a spiritual thought on "enduring it well." Well I realized that I may have endured the last year, but I definately didn't endure it well. I think this last year I did a bit more murmmuring than before. So may main goal this year is to hang on to hope. I loved the first presidencies message this month. Talk about a mini love lecture. Our house sold this last week. But the deal still requires a great deal of sacrifice, and means that we simply didn't have. I was angry to be honest, I felt like I was between a rock and a hard place. But ater reading the message, and spending some time on my knees asking for faith and forgiveness I was blessed with a wonderful peace that it would be fine. I am excited to finally be free of that burden, and hope that a small break in the clouds follows it (if not I'll take gold rain too). But over all it was very humbling for which I'm grateful.
This year so far has been fun. LLaim had a sleep over with cousins and grandparents. He loves spending time with and is one of the families newest D&D fans. I find him drawing maps and talking about it more and more. During their sleep over, the girls and I had a lovely tea party. I wish I was as great as mary poppins but ours was firmly on the floor. We enjoyed the Barbie swan lake ballet with hot cocoa and muffins. Swan Lake is now neck and neck with the nutcracker. My other goal this year is to take at least nedra to her first ballet. Etta is doing better at control her path of destruction although it may be that she has a tiny cold and has been medicated. Lliam returned to schol and is slowely regaining his focus gain. Or the amount that he had. He discovered dodge ball this week and was tackled by a classmate resulting in a nice goose egg. call me crazy but I have to say I was proud. Brig's tired, but he started getting everything ready for the bee season with brother smith. This is his dream come true. I have been busy trying to get my bearings and finish my last book (I'll let everyone know when they hit shelves). I am very excited but totaled stressed about it. Brandon how do you deal with that!?! I am hoping to have it finished by next week.Other tahan that it seems th year is already passing by in a blur of kids, chores, exhaustion and learning.
I hope you all have a wonderful new year!
3 comments:
You are writing a publishing books? Wow Tyra! That's awesome! I hope 2010 is a great year for you!
That is so exciting that you sold your house! You'll have to give me the details later. I think hope is something everyone of us is looking for this year. I agree that it is nice getting back in the school routine. I have finally got Ryan and Benjamin taking naps at the same time while Jacob is at school. So I have 1 1-2 to 2 hours of quiet! I never thought I would have that. Looks like things are starting off well for you guys. I'll try and call you soon on a weekend. Chris starts working on Saturdays starting February. The start of a new tax season with no husband around. At least he does have Sundays off though. Miss you guys!
I think that is a great resolution. I haven't made one yet this year, but I have my eye on stealing that one. Glad things are going well and you sold your house.
Post a Comment