
Well, the Lord must have felt I did an ok job or that I was at my breaking point because the temple visit has made the biggest difference. And I feel like myself again. I don't know if I mentioned it in the last post but I was asked to speak in church on the divine role of women, and it was just as I started preparing for that that it seemed like satan was on my back and life as a mom and wife just got hard. Mom baird mentioned maybe I just needed that expereince for my talk. I am really excited about speaking I have learned so much from these past few weeks and everything I've been reading. I just finished Eve and the Chioce made in Eden - EXCELLENT! So I think I'm ready to start writing, but I haven't figured out what to say. Either way the hard part seems to have past. This week has been awesome. Donny won dancing with the stars. and Tuesday the ellingers gave me a dad off (one of tose tender mercies where the RS Pres. calls and asks is there anything I can do for you and you almost start crying) and then I got the make pies with the young women yesterday and we did our usually pizza party (more americans order pizza the night before thanks giving than any other day of the year- so it's been our tradition to jion the banwagon), then today is turkey day. Lliam is having a sleep over with his cousins tonight and he's so excited! He also got to play with one of his many friends named Jacob (I think there's a natural bond between him and anyone by that name). Its been great! I love my family, my kids, and my life. The temple is truely where we are endowed wiht power from on high. Which reminds me when I taught in RS on sunday it was about the temple and some one mentioned that they thought when you live farther from a temple that strength lasts longer than when you live closer and can go more frequently. Interesting thought to ponder. Any ways love you all and happy thanksgiving.
3 comments:
That is an interesting thought. We feel so fortunate to live close to a temple now, but suprisingly long temple trips are missed. Glad your day with family has been fun.
PS. I've never met a Jacob I didn't like!
Looks like you had such a fun Thanksgiving! We missed you! Maybe next year we'll make it up there!
Hey I'd like to send you a christmas card can you send me your address to marciward22@yahoo.com...thanks! Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment