Well I've decided that practice does make closer to perfect. We really work hard during conference to inforce the same rules and expectations as we would during church. reverent quite, no playing toys (yes they are not allowed toys at church I'm mean) etc. and usually it seems that we just don't get much out of conference, and I feel like a distraction to mom and dad. But this time it was like all the previous sessions over the years made a difference. It was very encourage. Now when I said made a difference I mean, we didn't have to put up baby gates and there were no major tantrums. So with that said I am feeling like it was a success.
I love conference. its just wonderful to get some many messages from heavenly father in two days. This time it was like all my personal study had been preparign me to hear their words. I love that feel of being on the right track. But I really loved the one on temperence (it was interupted often with the kids so I don't remember who gave it) but I am so looking forward to studying more on that virtue. I felt this is a spiritual gift that I need. I had never considered its application towards goals and expectations, something that have been feeling heavy on my back and shoulders (another conference reference). I am so grateful for this worldwide conference every 6 months to hear directly from the Lord through his servants and recieve the tender mercies of his words through them. I know they speak the truth and that as I work (sometimes fight) with my kids to teach them the importance of listening to their words, that practice will eventually make perfect. I love this gospel and know that its true. Enjoy the November Ensign friends and if you don't get it, go to www.lds.org to look it up.
1 comment:
Love it. The talk on temperance was my favorite too. I always pray for patience and what I think I really need is the gift of temperance. Our leaders are so inspired, I love it.
Post a Comment