Sunday, April 20, 2008

prophets counsel

Today in sacrement meeting the bishop read a letter from the first presidency warning against scams to help those that are struggling financially and stating once again that we all needed to get out of debt. Our family has been working on this for a while now and recently got REALLY serious about it. We started the Total Money make over (thanks chris and michele). WOW! But I felt today that I could still do more, or live with less. I really felt like this was a warning from the Lord of what is coming our way, and I felt that we really need to heed this warning. I want to recommend the book, the total money makeover to everyone by Dave RAmsey. Its inspiring an dI swear its working. Also I wanted to tell you all about a sight that I found that also may help us all live within our means and give a little more. It's called freecycle.org, its a free DI online for your area, and its regulated too. I hope every one is following this prophetic counsel and getting prepared. I have decided to cancel a few plans for now and be more vigilant in controlling my finances. I am so grateful for the prophet and I know that he speaks the truth and that we will be blessed for following him. Love you all!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Isn't it a great feeling to know that we are following the prophets cancel to get out of debt and live within our means. I love what Dave Ramsey says, "If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else." I am so glad that you and Brigham like the book. Oh Jesse and Marie James would like you to add them to your blog so that they can keep in contact. Here is their email address skittlez85@hotmail.com We miss you guys like crazy!