This Christmas my best friend Bobby showed me how to make snowflakes. Not like elementary school coffee filter snowflakes - her's are like artwork! Their delicate and realistic. It was so much easier then I thought. I'm hooked!
Mom (baird) was cleaning out her closet after Christmas and found a kirigami calendar that she had hoped to do with the grandkids but didn't. She gave it to me knowing my new found paper cutting enthusiasm. Today I finally got to try them. Natural I couldn't bring myself to cut them out so I traced them on the construction paper. I have to keep my pattern (although I accidentally poked a few holes). This is so cool - and way easier then I ever thought possible! I want to try these in fabric to use in quilting and as embellishments in clothing. (I think they'll be on my next blessing dress- Tess?)
No comments:
Post a Comment