Sunday, April 3, 2011

I come bearing pictures

So I finally remembered to bring the camera with me so I could load photos. Here's the goods from our trip to silver falls, I don't have the one's from walla walla cause they've already been down loaded on my laptop. The best part of the trip no tv (well we brought the computer and in desperation during the rain one evening (you'd think after 2 miles they'd crash) we watched the odsessy (a slide show really), you'd think that would also put them to sleep however they love mythology and watched with enthusiasm and then still had enough left to wrestle! BEDLAMITES!

Sisters, sisters...


You can tell she was born in Oregon. If there's a puddle she's in it, and the only one that doesn't freak in the rain without a hood.


playtime at our house tends to be loud, rough and a BLAST!






You should see him take a running leap onto the bar. He's like spiderman!

I swear she's fearless

I can do anything with my daddy

I want to be like my sister

the crazy driking fountain that was the kids favorite part of the playground

We've had a cold spring, but dad's a heater.

the left of the falls, Gosh I love the beauty of Oregon. I just love the greenery and water (not the rain) and mountains. It's got everything!

Shortly into our 2 mile hike (would have been longer but there was a slide on the trail part of the way so we went around from the other direction the next day.

From behind the falls


from the Right

There were small waterfalls along with the big ones. Water Water Everywhere

"Mom, I'm a Lorax!"

Dad was preparing for the guard and had the heavier pack. But definately the cutest!

Lower South falls


I love moss and so lliam exclaimed as we were hiking that I shoul take a picture of him with the moss.

Fig crashed somewhere around 1 mile (1/2 way). Her coat makes it look like brig has a dead animal slung over his pack.

So We seperated on the 2nd mile and I had lliam and neddie. We had such wonderful discussions. We talked about the pioneers and Lewis and clark, and being explorers. It really helped them finish it. Neddie was exhausted until we got near the end and then she hit that 2nd wind. I don't get it.

You'd think she actually hiked instead of slept!


Being sworn in as Junoir Rangers (level 1) we do the junior ranger programs at every park (state and national) we visit and many of the ones we don't visit. They love it and lliam's bag is covered in patches that he's earned. www.nps.gov/webrangers.com or www.nps.gov/learn/juniorranger.cfm

The beds were the best part of the cabins they double as wrestling matches.


Don't be fooled Neddie's the one who always started it!




Another dead animal picked up on the trail
At the end of our last hike it started to hail while heading back up the steep hill. so we made up a myth for hail. Zeus is writing a book and is frustrated so he starts tearing the pages up and throwing them to the ground. Hail!

6 comments:

Jandi said...

So fun! I love all the pics!

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

yay for pictures! your family is beautiful!

Linda said...

Love the pictures!! I can't believe how fast your little "Bedlamites" are growing up! Cute family!!

Sue said...

Tyra, love seeing your pictures and catching up on your litle family! The are too precious! Sue Fitzgerald

Dan said...

What a fun trip. I can't believe how grown up your kids are. Miss you guys.

Amanda said...

love the pictures! Your kids are getting so big I don't even recognze them! It is so beautiful there. I hope I can visit one day...:)