By reading this blog you might think that we are weird or crazy, but really we are just tired. Since we have 4 children, and plan to have more. Even though we are constantly sleep deprived we love our children.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
School has started!
Wow, things are still crazy but seem to have really slowed down. There's still tons that has happened between my last post and this one. My apoligizes that they are so long and far between and that I still haven't added any pictures. Not having the internet at home makes things a little complicated. but oh well. Here's a bit of a short update. We've had lots of appointments with doctors this summer. Lliam has been seeing an occupational therapist and a feeding/language/speech therapist. weekly before school started and no we are going to be trying once a month. then I started having some herat pallipitations (I don't think I spelled it right- irregular heatbeat in english). so I got to do some tests and wear a new accessory for a while - a heart monitor. I haven't heard back from my doctor for a while so I figure it's not threatening. Either way Brig gave me a blessing and it said that it would gradually go away with hearthly eating and excersize. So far so true. As long as I get a good run in and workout 3-5 times a week I can bearly till its there. added bonus I'm losing weight no numbers yet cause I avoid scales. but it doesn't matter, I feel great. No that school has started things are even better. I sat down and really scheduled everything out. Including how much time I'm allowed to spend fussing over the house. I've also really focused on consistancy and making the kids do their own work and following through on the consecequences . Hard at first but I'll tell you it only takes about a week for them to get the message (and have all their toys end up in "jail"). Our house is so different and calmer, and less stress! We are also doing preschool. I'm doing it with 2 other gals from church, we each have a day and our own curriculm. It has been wonderful getting 4 hours a week to myself!!! Then Lliam is now in 1st GRADE!! CRAZY!! He's Ok with it but still adjusting. HE HATES LUNCH TIME! lots of prayers have been said in his lunchtime behalf- but things are improving slowly now so thanks for the prayers. Poor thing asked when things would return to normal and he could eat at home then just stay there. But uts been nice overall. I also am still doing PTA and signed on to take over reflections so I have no clue what I am doing. But I loved it when I was a kid and know it will be a huge benefit for the school. Brig's still doing well, tired but good. He's deferring a sememster at Mt Hood while we figure at financial aid stuff, I thinks he's excited (j/k). Also we are in the throws of potty training Etta. It's not going well!!!! but the lord sent us a tender mercy - Pheobe has picked it up and so I'm hoing we will soon reach the diaperless nirvana! Its surprise that she can do it, but she'll tell you in her own little way and she's been doing great. Even though she can't even get on the tiny potty without help - our kids are ridiculously tiny. Anyhow I have to go cause it's sunday stations time, but I want to end by telling you my favorite part of the past few weeks, the mornings! I get up make breakfast and then help the kids make beds and get dressed. Then we have family prayer and scriptures (usually a verse or two) andthen me and lliam jog to school. I have to say just that morning routine the prayer and scriptures especailly ahve really changed our home. So I want to encourage everyone to add that along witht he evening one. I promise (as have prophets before me) there will be great blessings! Happy September love Tyra and the troops
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks for the update, I hope your heart test show that it's just the mixed up pitter patters of a mother who worries and prays for her children.
Post a Comment