Sometimes I find myself just sitting and thinking. Thinking about how life once was, how it currently turns and how one day it will eventually be. And I say to myself “Holy Snot,” because I can’t fathom or believe the journey I’ve taken, and my current destination. The future, well, I am at a loss for words concerning this oncoming friend or foe. Who can be too sure? I look down my path behind, so far back that I can’t remember from wince I came, but wherever that was I know that I’ve come quite a distance. Then I turn and look toward the direction I’ve come quite a distance. Then I turn and look toward the direction I’ve been treading. Hope and faith, I’ve come thus far, how can my destination be much farther? However as I stare cautiously toward that destined future I can see deep, dark, jungles; overwhelming mountains on the horizon and deserts of loneliness and nothingness. Fear slowing begins to rise within my soul and I find myself hesitant and then unable to move. Then through a miraculous parting of the blue oasis overhead I see them. Plentiful rivers flowing down waterfalls and feeding valleys; desert oasis’ springing forth life in the fatal deserts and God’s simplest gift, flowers, blooming in unconceivable numbers, colors and sizes within the depths of those jungles. I look back on the path from whence I’ve come and a strange sense of awe feels me with relief. They are the same. Once again I return my gaze on the journey to come. I feel like the little engine that could. A renewed sense of purpose and energy has been fed to my waning soul. As I reach into my pocket I discover a small discourse; a piece on the journey I’ve taken and where I am about to go. My personal roadmap! How blessed am I above those who have traveled before me and trodden down the trail I myself follow. I am compelled to sit and read, or rather feast upon this novella of information. The peace, beauty and direction is inaudible, unlegeable and bluntly inexpressible. I pick up my treasure chest of knowledge and resume my journey. For there are jungles to explore, deserts to overcome and mountains to summit. And I am not alone!
By Tyra Baird
No comments:
Post a Comment