Friday, September 11, 2009

What a week

I don't know what it is but great blessings seem to come with some sort of annoying side affect. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I just wish that God would clue me in before I get all excited or something. Let me explain:
Etta turned 2 Monday, she's getting so big and FULL of personality = tantrums and the terrible twos, again
Lliam started kindergarten on Tuesday, I was so closing to crying on the way home (brig told me that he was in preschool all last year and there really isn't a difference, but I beg the differ) = afternoon kindergarten has some cons I wasn't aware of; 1) its in the middle of the day so kiss errands and things good bye 2) he's overtired and stimulated by 4:30pm which means tantrums, fighting, refusing to eat, and my favorite renewal of the bedtime wars which I thought I had just conquered with the temple map (see previous post for details).
Nedra started preschool Wednesday, of course its a home school one, I'm testing a curriculum that I'm writing for hopeful publication, and I do it while Lliams at school = middle of nap time and she's mad because she can't go to his school so not as successful a test as I would like.
Brig just got a job starting on the 28th at the local job corp - night shift - he's been working part time at home depo 4-8am - he's tired alot = 1) slightly grouchy hubby 2) soon to be very long lonely days and nights as he sleeps or works = good practice for when he starts law school and gives him time to practice for the LSAT this winter
Pheobe is getting happier and gigglier and much more vocal but still working on sleeping without mom or nursing = lots of crying and long nights
Brigs parents (I love them they make life so much easier in so many ways (thanks you guys)) just upgraded us to a double wide so we will have more room = new carpet and lots of painting because the previous owner was a SERIOUS smoker
Now that this is all out in the open I can see that I am really looking at things from the wrong angle. I'm being pessimistic. Time to get over the hump and move all. thank you for reading through my venting, sometimes we all just need to bounce things off a mirrior to see more clearly. I really am very grateful and blessed and happy. I know that God gives blessings with trials to keep us humble - so I better get over myself. Thank you for bearing with me and my pity party. Although I do ask for your prayers in behalf of the bedtime wars I'm losing ground and sanity. I promise to post pics of all these new wonderful events and blessings later.

2 comments:

Joseph and Kimberly said...

I love to read your blog. You help me remember how much I have to be grateful for.

Michele said...

I totally understand with the bedtime wars. Ryan hates going to bed. He used to be fine then 2 weeks ago he decided he would only go to bed if mom was laying next to him in his bed or if he was sleeping in my bed with me. We have long nights because of it. Hopefully he will get over it soon. That's great that Brigham got another job and home depot has kept him on part time. I bet you also love having more space in your home. Is this a 3 bedroom now? Good luck with everything. We miss you guys.