Sunday, June 21, 2009

moments of weaknes

It's so easy to forget that we are allowed to have weaknesses and struggle even if its something that we think others expect us to do well. Today, or should I say this month is one of those. I don't know if its the smaller house or if I honestly don't remember because of sleep deprivation, but it just feels like life is a little overwhelming right now. I know I just had a baby and there's 4 kids now but it just seems harder than before. 1+1 =2 right but why is it not sinking in that it's ok and normal for things to feel like they's been dropped right now. I'm really not supposed to be able to juggle everything and still be sane and well rested. It's mortality - that's not what we're here for. So I just wanted to state my declaration- I believe and am diligiently working on accepting that my house will not see order for years to come, if ever. That I won't be full rested till I have grandkids, and that I will never regain the previous clarity of my mind. I accept the sacrifice of a nice, clean, organized house, and the replacement scatterbrain that took over my body. It's worth it to be the mom of 4 YOUNG kids. I declare that I am human and its OK.
I'll let you know when I believe it enough to sign it and make it offical. Happy Belated mother's day - my gift to you all it to not feel guilty because we are actually all in the same boat- even if we try to make it look like we aren't. love tyra

4 comments:

Pederson Seven said...

Tyra,
on saturday when you guys were getting your kids buckled into your van, nicole made the comment. "It must be hard having 4 kids ages 4 and under".
I said "harder than you can imagine". It really is hard. It just is, but we are here for you. We love you guys and we had a great time on saturday.
love,
Krystal

Michele said...

Tyra I have been thinking a lot about you lately. I've been wondering how things are going for you. I really look up to you for having 4 kids. I seriously don't know how you do it. Somedays I think I am going insane with 3. I always tell myself that I need to have your patience. Because I know with 4 kids and always doing fun experiments with them must be hard. I see how much you love every minute of it (well almost every minute). It makes me want to do better. Just remember during those hard times to take it one day at a time. We miss you guys.

Ylfe said...

Hi Tyra, it's been awhile since I checked blogs. I just have to say I have been where you are and I will say it does get easier as they get older. When Meri was born Brayton was 4 like your Lliam. After I had her everything stopped. I didn't scrapbook anymore, or anything extra. I just took care of my kids - the laundry was always out of control, toys everywhere, dishes everywhere. But we made it through those crazy years and you will too. It was really hard, but I don't regret having my kids so close together because they are great friends (yes, they do fight sometimes, but they are great friends and peers too) Now that they are a little older they are a bit more independent and they sleep all night. It makes a world of difference. You and Brig are terrific parents. One day you will look back and say "how on earth did we survive?" But you will survive it and you'll have tons of fun memories. I love you guys and think about you all the time.

Ylfe said...

p.s.
Earlier this year I finally finished a baby book for Meri. It felt so good to finally make one for her. I still need to do one for Jessi, but it will happen someday! Hang in there! You are awesome!